MAKING OF CUSHIONS
Making of 3 full size cushions; square, bolster and box, including 2 zip methods and trimming and piping detail. Following training students will have the skills to go on to make a variety of different cushion shapes and styles. You will also have 3 lovely cushions to take home with you. See COURSE PROGRAMME below ..
On completion of this course students will be awarded an Accedited Certificate. Victoria Hammond Academy is accredited by AIM Awards, which is an approved British Awarding Body, regulated by Ofqual.
You can either make payment in full, or deposit payment. The deposit payment is required to secure your place on the course. It is possible to decide attendance dates at a later time subject to availability – select from the option below ‘dates to be decided’. Balance payment is then due to be settled at least 2 weeks prior to the course start date; £295. On request we can email you a secure online WorldPay link.
All course fees are inclusive of specialist materials, designer fabrics, comprehensive manual and refreshments. There are villages close by that have a selection of food stores. You are also welcome to bring a packed lunch.
Courses run from 9:30am to 5pm. Tea/coffee served at 9:15am. We are on-site from 9am.
MAKING OF CUSHIONS
Trainer: Victoria Hammond
Basic hand sewing and machine skills are required for this course.
- Discussion on different cushion shapes and styles and how to match to a room scheme.
- Over the two days students will make three different cushions, all incorporating a zip fastening:
- A square cushion with trimming detail.
- A bolster cushion with starburst ends, and piping and button detail.
- A box cushion with piping detail. As well as being used as a scatter cushion, box cushions are suitable for window seating and chair padding.